This time I will show you the follow-up of my last entry, which I have simply called Rosemadonna 2, since it is the second in the series, – and the last one, so far.
While I was making the first one, I kept visualizing the design made up in different colourways, so I wanted to try out one of them.
Also, I was not quite satisfied with the proportions of the first one. That one was a kind of experiment, just to see if the idea in my head was possible to make at all, and how to go about it, – a sort of “make-it-up-as-you-go”-project.
This time around I had a rough sketch of the project before I started so I had a few measurements ready before I cut into the fabrics.
I wanted gold and glittering stuff, along with the (almost) white, black and grey, and just a few pinkish parts here and there. I had visualized some quilting on the sides, but that did not work out as the parts became too stiff to drape the way I wanted them to. So the two layers of loose flaps on the sides are not quilted separately.
I also had the roses completely opened by sewing the tips of the petals down.
The top part came out a bit “light” compared to the bottom part, so I added the pearls to have more balance.
This is the 7th Blogger’s Quilt Festival, and this will also be my 7th entry.
My previous entries can be seen here:
Big thanks to Amy for organizing this yet again.
Please head over there, you will have links to lots of lovely stuff, and this year you even get to nominate the entries in several different categories, and then vote later on.