I finished the top of the shirt quilt a couple of weeks back.
I managed to hang it on the design wall to take this photo before my access to the wall was blocked by some of the things we had to move out from the front hall, which is being redecorated at the moment.
I decided on a light inner border, and then I chose the light plaid fabric for the outer border since this is one of the sturdier fabrics of the ones I have available. I should have wished for this border to be a little wider to have a better balance, but there was not enough fabric, so this will have to do. One shirt goes only so far. I am planning on using the bright red plaid for the binding.
The backing fabric arrived this week, and has now been washed and ironed. My sewing machine is in for a check-up, so I am planning on sending the top out to have it quilted.