I have been making progress on the shirt quilt that I wrote about here. I have been making blocks on and off during the autumn and winter, and last week I cleared my design wall so I could hang the ones I have made so far.
Here they are pinned to the wall, and after moving some of them about a bit, I think they will end up being joined in this order. I am not sure if this will be the final size (plus borders, perhaps), or if I will add a row both ways. I’ll decide on that after I have joined these blocks. I have a few leftover blocks, but I will have to make some more if I decide to make it bigger.
Up to this point, I have only used the fabric from the shirt sleeves, so I have plenty more fabric to go. Also, there are fabrics from all the shirts in these blocks, and since there are so many different ones, I could still make more blocks that would all be different from any block I have made so far.
Now to join the blocks.