I mistreated one of my orchids cruelly the other day. While the temperature was barely above freezing, I took it out into the snow to take some pictures of it.
I tried to do it from inside, but there were all kinds of reflections in the window pane, and also the light was poor, so I was not very happy with the resulting photos.
Outside it went like a dream, however, and I got the “white on white” effect I was after. It only took a few minutes, and believe it or not, the orchid is still alive and kicking (- well, – blooming), and it has already been several days since the ordeal.
Then it was on to the computer to play a bit. Maybe add some blur in the background…..
………. and I kind of liked this bluish variation.
Playing around a bit more today, I came up with this:
And here is the bluish version again:
One or both of these could perhaps become a nice fabric design. But first, I’ll have to work some more to get the motifs to tesselate properly, – and maybe do away with the stark white background.
Wow, – this is fun 🙂